Saturday, October 12, 2013

Why Cruelty Free?

Let's start with a little bit about myself and why I chose to make the switch. I am 23 years old and newly vegetarian. I tried to be fully Vegan but I had a hard time with it. My husband however, is fully vegan. We made the switch about a month ago after watching a documentary on Netflix. We already slightly knew about what went on at the slaughterhouses but not like we did after we watched that documentary. I will never be able to erase those images from my memory. It doesn't hurt that it's much healthier for us anyway! 

Now for the cruelty free part. Why? For the same reason I stopped eating meat. I had heard things here and there about animal testing but I never knew the horrors until I did my own research. I don't feel the need to personally contribute to such horrific acts. I can find perfectly good products on the market that don't harm animals in the process. I also slightly felt like a hypocrite refusing to eat meat yet purchasing animal tested products. 

I wanted to start this blog to record my process of transitioning. I don't expect it to happen overnight because I am still learning the ropes. I will probably still use the products I do own that have been animal tested solely because I don't believe in wasting. However, I will do my best to research and purchase cruelty free products from now on! I'll share products I've tried, whether I liked them or not, and add any new information I learn as I go! Let the journey begin! 

If you're curious about what cruelty free is or want to know a little more about animal testing here's a good >websiteI found. Don't worry, there's nothing disturbing nor is there any pictures. Just FAQs and information! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment