Sunday, October 20, 2013

Method Cleaning Products

The other day I used up my last toilet bowl cleaner. My favorite clorox wand cleaner that made cleaning the toilet easy as pie. Unfortunately, they are not cruelty free. Can you imagine?! Clorox, known mostly as a company that makes bleach and bleach based cleaning products, tests on animals! How sad is that? :-( 

Obviously I couldn't use my loved toilet wand anymore. So, I went on the hunt for a cruelty free cleaning product. I spent some time in the "cleaning" aisle at Walgreens, googling every product name that was unfamiliar to me. Fortunately, I stumbled upon a brand called Method. Much to my satisfaction they were completely cruelty free! They don't have a parent company that tests on animals. They also require that any company that they may purchase ingredients from, also promises to be cruelty free. Not only that, they were very reasonably priced. I was so happy that I wasn't going to have to make any homemade cleaners! (Not that it's a bad thing, I'm just the laziest person ever!) They have everything from laundry soap to hand soap. I ended up purchasing the all-purpose cleaner, the toilet bowl cleaner (obviously), and the dish soap. My Walgreens didn't give me all of the different scents to choose from, but I did discover that my local Target carries this brand and has a much wider range of choices. You can bet I'll be buying it from there from now on!

The All-Purpose Cleaner
 

My Walgreens didn't have all of the choices in the picture above. They only had the purple one, which I purchased. It claims to "Cut grease and Grime" which I'm all about! I mostly bought it because I like using grease fighters to clean the oil off of my bowling ball. I've used it so far on my counters and it works just like any other cleaner! It even left them nice and shiny! It doesn't leave an awful chemical smell, in fact, it smells like French Lavender (which is what the purple one is scented as). That is what is also amazing about this brand, all of their products are scented. I highly recommend the all-purpose cleaner even if you aren't cruelty free. This product contains 28 fl. oz. and retails for $3.99.

The Toilet Bowl Cleaner

Unfortunately, the toilet bowl cleaner doesn't come in multiple scents. But it does com in a wonderful minty smell!! I applies like many other toilet bowl cleaners. It has a top that you move around the edge of the bowl as you squeeze dispensing the product. You then let it sit for 5-10 minutes, depending on how dirty your toilet is, and then scrub with a regular toilet brush and flush! I love the minty smell and it leaves my toilet nice and shiny! This product contains 24 fl. oz. and retails for $3.99 also.

The Dish Soap

The dish soap also comes in multiple scents. I didn't have all of these to choose from either, but I did get the yellow one which is lemon mint scented. This soap is hands down better than Dawn in my opinion. It suds really well and a little bit goes a long way. It doesn't hurt that the smell is amazing either! I like that the top is a pump. It makes it much easier to re-apply to your sponge than having to turn upside and squeeze like many dish soap containers. This product contains 18 fl. oz. and retails for, again, $3.99.

Like I said, this brand is very affordable and really great quality. You also get quite a large amount of product for the price. Many natural and cruelty free products I've noticed cost a large amount for such a small container. I'm looking forward to trying out the laundry soap and the bathtub cleaner! Have you tried any of these products? If so, which is your favorite?




No comments:

Post a Comment