Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Project Cruelty Free

I've decided to start a project to help me get through my non-cruelty free products. I also think it will help me downsize my makeup collection as well. I've sifted through my collection and done some research on the brands I do own. I've pulled out enough makeup for a full face of makeup from the brands I own that are not cruelty free. They will go into what I deemed "the bad children basket" (lol!) and I will use those and only those products until they are gone. When they are gone I will continue to replace with more non-cruelty free brands in my collection until I am left with only cruelty free. I am not allowed to purchase any more cosmetics until I have used up that specific item. What I mean by that is, if I'm out of eyeshadow primer I can purchase eyeshadow primer, even if my project is not completely fulfilled. Also, not included in the 'no purchasing rule' is my subscription box. I do subscribe to Petit Vour, which is a cruelty free monthly subscription box. The subscription is my way of being introduced to cruelty free brands so when I can purchase new items, I'll know what to get!

Now that the boring part is out of the way, I can show you my first basket! 


I kinda went with a common theme here, I don't know if you can tell. I wanted to go through my collection brand by brand. As you can see here, most of this is MAC. However, keeping with the full face of makeup, I had to add in other brands because I only own eyeshadows, blushes, and lip products by MAC. I'll list everything in the basket by brand. 

MAC - 13 eyeshadows, 2 lipsticks, 4 lipglosses, 1 paintpot, 3 blushes, 1 setting powder
Urban Decay - Setting Spray and 2 dual-sided eyeliners
Benefit - Face primer, cheek highlighter, and Lip stain
Lorac - Eyeshadow primer
Smashbox - Concealer
Ulta - Foundation
Sephora - Bronzer

I tried not to go too overboard with the amount of products because I didn't want to feel like I might never get through the products, but I did want to allow myself a variety. I still wanted to make myself look nice without being mismatched because I was trying to get through ONE lipstick and ONE blush that didn't match my eyeshadow. I think this first basket is very doable. I plan on doing an updated basket once a month, showing what I've gone through and what I've added! What do you think of this project? Are you trying to get through any products? 



No comments:

Post a Comment